PEAX Equipment

e-bay questions

Calif. Hunter

My Mom has decided to sell her Precious Moments collection - she has a bunch of them. Has anyone here sold stuff on e-bay? How difficult is it? What do they charge - a percentage of the sales price? How do you get paid?

I think this would get her better prices than a yard sale.

there is a guy in the Office that SWEARS by E-bay.. He's gotten more money from junk then you can Imagine (Not that her stuff is junk
eek.gif
).

they usually charge per what ya sell. there is a Easy reading guide on selling stuff on their site. BAsically depending on the Cost, Ect. I say try it, You can Always OUTBID anyone if it's not getting her what she wants. She'll have to Monitor it and Know what price she needs. But that can All get set up.

Do it !!! Way better then a yard sale
biggrin.gif

Ebay charges you a percent of the sale price plus extra money for things like bold listings, extra auction days, ect. There are also charges for PayPal if you accept credit cards. We just tried to sell something for $65 and it cost us $8 in listing fees even though it didn't sell. Go to ebay and click on "Sell" at the top. They have a pretty good tutorial on how to get started selling.

Ebay is pretty slow right now so you may want to wait until October or November to list your items. Or at least test it out one one or two items first. There is lots on competition on the same items so be prepared to take rock bottom market value.

I have a friend who has started importing things from China to sell on Ebay and does pretty good.

I've bought and sold on e-bay. If you follow the directions the other guys have mentioned it's pretty easy. The best way to move items is with good pictures that show details and complete descriptions. I haven't had a bad transaction other than I got stiffed on a magazine subscription from a company that got booted off e-bay. Good luck.

I have sold all kinds of stuff that we dont use anymore ..... its pretty easy, but like he said, you need photos!
It makes all the difference.

At an engineering/construction company I managed a couple of years ago we sold like 60k worth of used equipment. One piece at a time
mad.gif
Its a pain with a lot of items but you get in a rythum with it and its not bad. I still do about 5 items a month and use the $$ for hunting stuff
biggrin.gif

Just check the buyers feedback, if they have sunglasses ....... NEXT!

JB,

There are a ton of sunglasses on EBAY right now. They just made it mandatory to change user names away from email address's.

I have bought and sold stuff on EBAY and have had only one bad experience with a seller that never responded to emails because I got the auction dirt cheap. He eventually was booted as well.

You will learn all you need at the EBAY tutorial site....

Good Luck.

<FONT COLOR="#800080" SIZE="1">[ 08-06-2003 19:33: Message edited by: Westman ]</font>

Westman,
I had not heard that about the sunglasses.
Guess that too many were going around the fees on items that did not sell!

Either way, if someone has several good feedbacks they are probably good to deal with! I have had no problems to-date!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back