Duck carnitas street tacos

made the pickled onions myself. the ducks were a mix of Black bellied whistling ducks, teal, and ring neck ducks.

Looks great! How did you cook the duck? I love hunting them, but have yet to find a way to really enjoy eating them. Have a new pup this year and am on a renewed search for good ways to cook them.

Thanks,

Jim

Carbon, the legs I always cook low and slow in a stock. Cast iron dutch oven for two or three hours till the meat pulls off the bone. Once you've pulled the meat off the bones it can be used for anything. Soups, stews, tacos. you can even do buffalo style "wings" with the legs. just leave the meat on the bone and quick fry them in oil and toss them in your favorite buffalo wing sauce. I give credit where credit is due though, Hank Shaw and Scott Leysath have world of knowledge and recipes worth using.

Carbon, the legs I always cook low and slow in a stock. Cast iron dutch oven for two or three hours till the meat pulls off the bone. Once you've pulled the meat off the bones it can be used for anything. Soups, stews, tacos. you can even do buffalo style "wings" with the legs. just leave the meat on the bone and quick fry them in oil and toss them in your favorite buffalo wing sauce. I give credit where credit is due though, Hank Shaw and Scott Leysath have world of knowledge and recipes worth using.
You plucking the legs for that or skinning them out? The wings that is.

plucking. I cut the wing off between the drumette and the flat during processing of my birds. but those carnitas are with the drumette and the legs.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrownDitch
Back