Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Drill Baby, Drill

Everyone whining about our refined products being shipped offshore to the highest bidder should stop and check to see what that is doing for our balance of trade. Without the export of refined products we would really be in a trade imbalance.

Oil is fungible good as is gasoline, diesel and other petro distallates. By bringing an increased volume of crude to the market via any means has at least a stabilizing effect on the supply. There are some big Geo-Political prices to be paid for all the saber rattling with Iran and the continued unrest in the Middle East, including Libya which was supposedly "won".

Keystone XL pipeline is going to be built, period. If Obama wins it will get permitted shortly after he is sworn in, if a Republican wins it will get permitted on the day he is sworn in. Anybody who doesn't understand that is simply not paying attention. The aquifer arguement is a smoke screen to slow the pipeline down so that the President can tell his friends in the green movement that he is trying to stop our dependence on oil at least for a few months.

That pipeline is going to cross my county and is expected to produce $18.7 million in new tax revenue, The Pipeline will cross my inlaws ranch as well, regardless of all the whining and complaining about this pipeline it is far less intrusive than what is going on 142 miles east of me in Williston. I would take three pipelines and their footprint and risk of spill vs. the proposed 50,000 new wells they are going to drill in the Bakken over the next 10 years. Everybody is wrapped up in this pipeline but that is going to be nothing compared to what is coming to Eastern Montana and the oil field activity.

There are thousands and thousands of injections wells permitted already that inject everything from mining waste water to oilfield waste water and industrial waste water into the the Ogallala aquifer yet all we hear about is the possiblity that a surface spill would contaminate it. Anybody working or even know what all the injection wells are injecting into the aquifer.

I really do care about this corner of Montana and given a choice I would accept this pipeline long before I want an oil well and associated roads on every half section drilling multiple legs and fracking those holes. Every well takes 1,000 truck loads of material by the time it is complete. Just wait for that to arrive.

Nemont

Like I have said many times ..... let me know when you are running for office.

America might have an export??? I thought we can just import import and import some more. Oh wait, that eventually doesn't work. Well I suppose we'll just have to sell some oil to the world and make alot of money doing it.

Back