Drew MT 652 deer

forkhunter

I drew this tag this year. I have applied here sporadically throughout the years and have family who has drawn a couple times tho it has been years since they did. I am very familiar with hunting the breaks even without having been in this particular area.

I am more curious if anyone has recent experience with what areas are hit hardest, areas to avoid, etc. Looks like there is some decent public chunks with limited roads so those will likely be my first focus. Anyway, if you have any info to make the hunt more enjoyable, I would be appreciative. Planning to go the week before Thanksgiving if that matters any to your feedback. Oh, and I am very realistic about trophy quality. I have hunted northeast Montana for 30 years so my expectations are in check. :)

Thanks! Shane

forkhunter how did your hunt go last fall? I drew this tag for the coming fall. Hunted the unit a couple of times, but it has been 7 years. How were the deer numbers and quality?

my son drew this tag this year also, we have been watching it for couple years, he wanted to try a different area to deer hunt, to used to hunting behind the house,,,

Reactions: LCH
I've wondered about that skinny little sliver of a unit, if it's any better than the general areas around it. Good luck!

my 652 buck from a couple years ago. fun hunt. get away from the roads and you will see better bucks. there was no snow the year I had the tag so the deer where spread out all over the unit.

my 652 buck from a couple years ago. fun hunt. get away from the roads and you will see better bucks. there was no snow the year I had the tag so the deer where spread out all over the unit.

Nice Buck congrats !

GOHUNT Insider

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back