drawing a TAG!

cjcj

what big game tag [resident] is the hardest to obtain thru the draw system in your state? in arizona for me it has been BIGHORN SHEEP.

Sheep would be the toughest for me as well. These are the odds (I guess percentage would be more appropriate) for last year for the units I applied for this year.

Bighorn 0.9%
Moose ~6%
Special elk 2.5%
Special deer 15%
Archery antelope 100%

Still have 4 years before I can apply for goat again

I think the toughest tag to draw in Arizona is one of the 3 mature bull buffalo tags at House Rock Ranch....

cool.gif

I'd say up here for me atleast is the tier 2 hunt for the nelchina caribou hunt. Its supposed to be a subsistance hunt but its mostly hunted by folks from anchorage with there big ole motor homes and ATV's.

Baiscally you had to have hunted and got game from that unit for the last 20years or so to qualify or you can do like alot of people do and lie and say your a lifetime hunter in that area. Its a screwed up system. Youd think locals (who live in that area) would get the tags wouldnt you?

Dont have any draw hunts here in my state except for the controlled hunts . Maybe it is the hardest to get drawn for the adult waterfowl hunts at the NWR.
confused.gif

Everything else is over the counter but our big game is whitetails
smile.gif

It's probably desert bighorn here. This year 766 people applied for the 6 tags (0.8% chance). It's hard to say with our other big game licenses because of the point system. I've got 14 elk points and probably couldn't draw the toughest unit. Does that mean it's harder to draw than a sheep tag that you have 0.8% chance of drawing every year you apply?
confused.gif
Just depends on how you look at it, I guess.

Oak

same here CJ bighorn 22 try's .... next would be elk 22 try's 1 tag ... antelope 22 try's 2 tags in 3 years is easy for me here for some reason..... deer 22 years 3 tags and then 3 tags on second draw .... a couple of first come first serve tags when they allowed us to kill 2 deer per year and a bunch of tags when we could by over the counter years ago......

Heck remember when they would have literally hundreds of left over tags and they couldnt give them away? granted it was for couse only but hey there a blast to hunt...
Delw

yep delw i remember those day`s when you could alway`s get a whitail tag down south, just to have something to hunt we would go to patigonia and kill some coues, i think those day`s are gone forever, that`s to bad, good luck on that bighorn,i have been waiting forever.

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rifleman270
Back