Down To The Wire In California

FI460

Anyone else applying in the California draw? This is my first year as a nonresident, but it's close and I have a few points I figured I'd build on.

I have a childhood friend who wants to get back into hunting, so we applied for points and will be doing a general archery hunt in the Marble Mountains.

Anyone else applying in the California draw? This is my first year as a nonresident, but it's close and I have a few points I figured I'd build on.

I have a childhood friend who wants to get back into hunting, so we applied for points and will be doing a general archery hunt in the Marble Mountains.

I hope you put in for Tule Elk and Sheep because those are the only ones worth applying for as a non-res.

Did you apply for Grizzly? There is more than one hunt that should have been a guarantee with 15 points.

I did apply for grizzly island and still didn’t get drawn. I don’t know if they cut tags this year or more people applying for that particular period this year because they thought it was guaranteed... oh well maybe I’ll draw a tag in 25-30yrs once the max point pool clears out

108097well i'm regretfully a resident of commiefornia. and since I drew on Colorado was hoping I would add to my max points in kali. now i've got to afford both. as soon as this sinks in, i'm should get awfully excited. will be turning 65 during g3 wished I was younger, but i'll make the best of it, good luck to all!!

My faith in drawing an Elk or Sheep tag is fading every year. Too many people with Max Points...
ya i'm sitting on max and got another pref point. price of a resident elk tag in kali sucks for us poor folk! when I do i'll go lapanza bull.have a friend the elk are on is ranch. reason I haven't yet is $$$ deer hunting is more important to me?? and ya I guess i'm an idiot

Congratulations brknarrow on drawing Goodale, that should be an awesome hunt!!!!

Congrats
will be turning 65 during g3 wished I was younger, but i'll make the best of it, good luck to all!!

Well I hope you get some nasty weather and the bucks come in for your birthday! Good luck, that should be a great hunt. All OTC hunts for me this year.

Drew an X2 deer tag in the random draw. A total surprise given how few points I had.

AO tag and D-14 for me this year. I was really hoping for that G3 tag... but then again .02% draw odds aren't that good haha

Two week long solo hunt, never did connect with a big buck, so tag soup for me. Wild horses were a pain in the ass, plus the BLM's roundup activity was poorly planned. Helicopters chasing down horses on opening day wasn't cool.....!

As a resident of California I have drawn some really good deer tags every 3-5 years, and have tagged out on every one of them since moving back to CA 15 years ago. Nonresidents can do the same, but it is expensive. If I was just starting to put in for he draws as a nonresident I would probably ignore everything except deer...just a lot of other states that have way better draw odds and are a lot less expensive for elk, antelope and sheep.

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back