Don't throw out those goose drumsticks!

OntarioHunter

In the pressure cooker for 25 minutes and presto ... cheap dogfood. Easy to peal off the bone and no nasty tendons. Puts a nice gloss in their coats. Save the soup to pour over dry dogfood the next day. It's a lot of meat and dogfood is getting very expensive. Goose meat has no added cereal, preservatives, coloring, etc. All meat. What's not to like? Okay, it doesn't look pretty but who cares? The dogs sure don't. Mine would run into a burning building for a bowl full of this stuff.20221217_162453.jpg

throw those legs and thighs in a crock with a corning solution i use Hank Shaw corned deer. I cut the time i corn them back then do the same pressure cooking. best damn corned meat you've had doesn't dry out.

I’m not much of a goose hunter but I manage one or 2 a year for a change of pace. This is what I do with the legs.

Stop giving those to the dogs....

I eat the goose legs because they are delicious. I actually give away all my breasts because that's the crappy cut...

I can buy almost 200 big bags of dog food for what I had spent on goose hunting gear when I was "into it." My dog goes through one bag every 5-6 weeks....

I can buy almost 200 big bags of dog food for what I had spent on goose hunting gear when I was "into it." My dog goes through one bag every 5-6 weeks....
We are starting to post things on an open forum that shouldn't be put out there on internet for all to see (read wives). Mighy as well say where your homey holes are. This kind of math should only be done by a professional accountant like Randy that know how to accurately calculate expense, depreciation and cost per Oz. and keeps quiet with those calculations.😜

GOHUNT Insider

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Trapper330
Back