Docter Optic Binos

DOCTIR OPTIK was formely Carl Ziess Jena. It was a branch of the famous Ziess Optik Corp. after WWII and was isolated when the Soviets blockaded East Germany. Ziess filed suit when the wall came down and asked them to change their name to avoid patent infringment issues. The quality of thier products is on a par with Leica and some of the better optics companies. All things being equal, the Doctir Optik or Docter Optik glasses are either the top of the middle grade of glass or the bottom of the top grade of glass. Depending on your point of view. They are the glass of choice in the 15 X 60 configuration for most of the big time Coues Deer Guides in Arizona.

cool.gif

Holy Cow! You are certaily a fountain of knowledge. I just bought a pair of Pentax 12x42 DCF HR binos and am torn between keeping the Doctor Optics as a back up or selling them to help fund a rebarreling job... any idea where I can find a value on them? They're in excellent condition.

Thanks Again,

Keep them Indy, whatever you get for them won't be enough, I have some zeiss q1 deletrinium and they are far better than anything except four figure binocs, they can only appreciate in value and will far outlive your pentax's.

Indy, I will take them off your hands. In fact I will even give you $25 for them. OK, ok, because you are a nice guy, I will give you $30 for them. I will even go all out and pay for the shipping also.
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

They can't be more than about 8 years old. Before that, the company was called Carl Ziess Jena... As for value,, New Doctir Optik binos in a 15X60 sell for about $1200 at our local store. I think the real street value for used ones is closer to $600.00. If these are the later model, with the built in lense covers for the objective lenses, then the used value would probably be around $800.00 Of course you realize that value is subjective and something is only worth what someone else is willing to pay for it...

cool.gif

oh ... I was thinking they were old, miss read the post I guess
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

But either way Indy Jay sounds like there pretty good ones, and maybe you should hang on to them till the time is right, like Dan said they are only worth what one will pay for them ,So I'll raise Bill and give you $35.00, plus shipping...LOL...
No seriously I would search them and see the value and do what you need to do with them.
Good Luck

Thanks guys... I've looked at eBay sewveral times and haven't seen where anyone else is selling them... could be a sign that that they're holding some value. I bought them right back in '97/'98 and they've served me well since. Perhaps I'll just hide them and try to forget that they're there....

Unless of course I hear "$500.00 from the man in the back row!"...

Apprewciate the help!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back