PEAX Equipment

Do you guys have salmon fishing like this in Idaho?

Oak

Expert
From today's paper...I would put it in the Fishing section, but I don't know how many people know there IS a fishing section, and most of the salmon fishermen are here.
wink.gif

It wasn't so much that Don Van Skiver of Lake George and Lawrence Smith of Lakewood hooked more than 400 sockeye, or red salmon on a recent 12-day trip to Alaska's Kenai River.

The real delight, Van Skiver said, is they did all this on their own, without a guide, while camping at a riverside RV park in Soldotna.

"Some of the hookups only lasted from two seconds to two minutes," Van Skiver said. But the duo did manage to coax between 110 and 120 salmon to shore during an frenzy that left them arm weary.

"Lots of reds, lots of friendly people," Van Skiver summarized what he called a perfect trip.

I think catching carp on dough balls outta the snake river would be more fun, hook ups lasted 2 seconds to 2 mins?......Boring, carp give a better fight then that. A fish is a fish to me, I throw them all back anyways, I like my fillet of fish at Skippers....HA

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wisco94
Back