Do I even need luck?

Ovis

A buddy of mine asked for me to join him this weekend for elk. So I went and sunk the money into the license and tag. Prior to me looking at the regs, my buddy says we can hunt clear through Sunday evening, so I am thinking I have about 2 1/2 days to hunt. Well, turns out I've just looked at the regs myself and the last day for B tags in this area is Sat. So, given the circumstances...1) I've never hunted elk before and 2) my very limited time barrier, I want to know do I even need luck, or is it just gonna happen...I'm gonna get an elk? It never fails, you've seen it, you've probably been the guy/gal too. I'll go out this weekend and get me an elk, but I'll suffer 10 years of nothing starting Sunday.

I get to do it all over again the following weekend with a Clearwater deer tag. One shot, one weekend, closing the season. Can it be done? Can I go 2:2, 1:2, or will I go 0:2?

Any of you seasoned Idoha hunters have any word to the wise?

:cool:vis

Carnivore

Ovis,

You have my vote for 2:2. Good luck on the hunt. By the sounds of it you're hunting 39. A lot of people but also a lot of road hunters. The back country is wide open. I'm not lucky enough to see them close to a road so I go to gods country. See you there!.

I'm also heading North to drop me a Whitetail.

Best of luck on both hunts!

Steamer

Good luck Ovis. If you get anything this weekend let me know. I want to rub your head for luck. :D :D I'll be going after elk and deer again after the 10th.

Ovis

Thanks for being optimistic guys!

Steamer

I had been quite busy trying to get settled in, so I haven't been able to stop by. However the last few days I was gonna do so, but haven't seen your truck lately. There was a Ford Ranger parked out front though, any idea who that guy is :confused: only kidding. We'll have to get together soon. Good luck with your jaunt in the woods.

Moosie

Grand poopa
As long as you bring the Pasties...... 2:2 ;)

GOOD luck, like Eminem SAYS "You've only got 1 shot".. MAKE it count !!!!!

Steamer

Ovis...my truck is in the shop. I lost my transmission. Hopefully I will have it back next week. Better have it back bow season opens Sunday.

wiggysIROC

I'm probably going to go 1 for 2 with the deer and Elk thing. I got my deer opening day and only had to haul it about 75 yards to the truck so all of my luck got used up then. I have a feeling that you are going to go 2 for 2 though. Does your buddy have any experience around here? I am hunting the same area.

Mark