Yeti GOBOX Collection

DIY hog processing

meatinthepot

Need info on how to cut up a hog on my own. I have always done my elk and deer and will be trying my first hog hunt in November.

Also any tips on the cheapest ways to get it from Texas to Utah.

Thanks,

meatinthepot

I don't know where you're hunting in Texas, but most of those places have freezers. You cut it up basically the same as you would an Elk or a deer. Just use smaller cuts. The hams and the loins and the shoulders should be about the same.

Best way I've found for moving meat long distances it to buy some dry ice and put everything in the best cooler I've got and use duct tape to seal it. That should keep everything OK for the 18 or so hours it will take you to get home.

Where are you hunting in Texas?

:cool:

The hunt is in Decatur, Texas at the Sweetwater Creek Ranch. It is an archery only hunt and we have signed up for a couple of pigs each and an exotic of choice. I cant tell you how excited we are for this hunt. My dad and son who is nine and will be his first hunt are going with. They do have a freezer on the ranch to keep the animals. On other posts I have seen that you cannot have dry ice with the airlines.

Thanks for the reply.

meatinthepot

Back