Yeti GOBOX Collection

Disposing of old ammo

nidahunter

I just recently found a couple of very old boxes of ammo tucked away, probably from my grandfather. Alot of the cases have corrosion showing on them, so definately not safe to shoot. What is the best and safest way to dispose of them?

What we did in Afghanistan with small arms ammo we found was to dump it into a barrel full of water and just let it sit in there for forever. Eventually it was all a solid block full of of rusted and corroded goop.

At that point, I’d say toss it in your trash can.

The boxes are pretty cool, I will be displaying them. I was wondering about soaking them or just burying them.

(1) Post pics! Inquiring minds want to know what you've found.
(2) Grab an inertia bullet puller, pull the bullets, dump the powder into a milk jug half fill of water, dump the brass into another milk jug half full of water (so as to neutralize the primers), toss everything into a dumpster.

(1) Post pics! Inquiring minds want to know what you've found.
(2) Grab an inertia bullet puller, pull the bullets, dump the powder into a milk jug half fill of water, dump the brass into another milk jug half full of water (so as to neutralize the primers), toss everything into a dumpster.

Attachments

• 20230328_155309.jpg
    20230328_155309.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 30
  • 20230328_155344.jpg
    20230328_155344.jpg
    669.3 KB · Views: 30
  • 20230328_155538.jpg
    20230328_155538.jpg
    800.9 KB · Views: 30
Pull the bullets. Reload them.

Dump the powder in the garden. Turn it in. Free nitrogen

Soak the brass/primers in oil. More definite than water

Or, just polish them up enough they will chamber, start a video, and share here.

If the boxes are in good shape you can sell them t an auction and get pretty good $ for them

I'd pull the bullet's and dump the powder out and burn it. Case's worth anything as brass?

Pull the bullets. Reload them.

Dump the powder in the garden. Turn it in. Free nitrogen

Soak the brass/primers in oil. More definite than water

Or, just polish them up enough they will chamber, start a video, and share here.
I would not shoot them in anything but a gun with a crap barrel.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tzog
Back