MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Disabled Vets and Idaho

Cammy

I posted this a few months ago but here is an update.

Idaho Department of Fish and Game is offering discounted licenses and tags to NON-RESIDENT disabled veterans who have a service connected disability rating of 40% or higher. Perfect opportunity for some of you back East and other locations to hunt Idaho pretty cheap.

How cheap? I received my 2015 hunting license and general deer tag in the mail yesterday. Out the door for less than $40.00. Elk tags are like $30.00.

Big thank-you to Idaho for stepping up!!

remember you posting last time, wonderful deal and glad to see a state that isn't all about non-resident license fees and is appreciative of VETS, the state will get my tourist $'s in hotel/gas/food etc. i guess i should start researching areas as i have a few in mind. did you just mail them a copy of your VA disability Rating?

GREAT job Idaho...

I posted this a few months ago but here is an update.

Idaho Department of Fish and Game is offering discounted licenses and tags to NON-RESIDENT disabled veterans who have a service connected disability rating of 40% or higher. Perfect opportunity for some of you back East and other locations to hunt Idaho pretty cheap.

How cheap? I received my 2015 hunting license and general deer tag in the mail yesterday. Out the door for less than $40.00. Elk tags are like $30.00.

Big thank-you to Idaho for stepping up!!

I read this as well. Good for Idaho. If only other states would follow suit. I'd love to go hunt ID but dont have a clue where to start.....like every other western state.

Start with what do you want to hunt. Idaho has over the counter tags or you can buy them on line. If you are a disabled vet you need to mail a copy of your VA award letter to the licensing section (check the Idaho DFG web-site).

Here are a few places to get started
1. Spend some time looking through all of the information on the DFG web site. Tons of info on where to hunt.

2.Talk to an outfitter at a sportsman show or google one for the state you are interested in

3. Do a forum search here or on another hunting web site

4. Ask us questions

5. Pick a date and plan a trip.

6. Start now as you will never get younger

7. Be prepared to get addicted to deer camp. our Idaho camp is my desktop background

8. Good Luck

remember you posting last time, wonderful deal and glad to see a state that isn't all about non-resident license fees and is appreciative of VETS, the state will get my tourist $'s in hotel/gas/food etc. i guess i should start researching areas as i have a few in mind. did you just mail them a copy of your VA disability Rating?

GREAT job Idaho...

I didn't mail the whole thing I mailed them the first 3 pages of my VA award letter because the final rating was on page 3. You will need to print and fill out the license application from the DFG web site and send a check for the tags and license when you mail everything in. There is an email for the licensing section on the web site if you have questions. They are good about answering questions. I have hunted Idaho in the past so the hunters education thing wasn't an issue. they may accept a license from another state as proof of completion.

This is Idaho

Here is my desktop background. It is deer camp in Idaho. I don't care how bad the day is I can look at this and get that calm mellow feeling only deer camp in the woods can bring

Attachments

• Idaho.JPG
    Idaho.JPG
    255.1 KB · Views: 238
Ever need anything, hit me up. But, looks like you have things covered. Which part of the state without giving anything away?

Here is my desktop background. It is deer camp in Idaho. I don't care how bad the day is I can look at this and get that calm mellow feeling only deer camp in the woods can bring

Ever need anything, hit me up. But, looks like you have things covered. Which part of the state without giving anything away?

Thanks for the offer! We hunt unit 1. I absolutely LOVE being there and wish it wasn't a 19 hour drive for me so I could visit more often.

I'm a disabled vet as well and live in idaho. I'm extremely thankful to the state for stepping up and making hunting easier on the checkbook! Nothing like buying a 3 year license and all your tags for around 100 bucks. Thank you Idaho. Also, if you ever need anything let me know.

That's good to know and hat tip to ID. CO offers lifetime small game tag if you're 50% or over. Not complaining, but a little bit ashamed of my state that they don't do more.

Caribou Gear

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back