Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Disabled Vet first time hunting Montana

Gentlemen... and ladies,

This year I will be hunting Montana for the first time. I have never been and was looking for some help. I don’t want to ask for anyone’s honey hole but a place to throw down my tent and start from would be a big help. My tag is a nonresident general deer combo modern rifle. I was originally planning on hunting with my stepfather but there seems to be a falling out in the family so I think I’m on my own. Before this I was told we would hunt the 700 unit, but now I’m on my own. Sorry for the long post but a little help would be much appreciated.

Attachments

• 7821C505-3E11-4009-B9C9-3FBB23D227D1.jpeg
    7821C505-3E11-4009-B9C9-3FBB23D227D1.jpeg
    110.7 KB · Views: 66
Welcome
sam.jpg

What kind of deer are you looking for?
Just any old 4 point?
Whitetail, mule deer?
I would have to recommend Northcentral MT.
Gobs of public lands and lots of access.
More deer than you have ever envisioned.
You should have a state use permit in with your conservation license which you have to have for the deer license.
Get a BLM map something around like Winifred, anything in light orange, red, and blue is public land and there is a lot of
Block management lands that is privet but you can hunt it just sign in.

In mt disabled hunters can get a waiver and shoot out of there trucks or off a 4wheeler even ON a county road.

Good luck, just so many deer so little time

Last edited:
What kind of deer are you looking for?
Just any old 4 point?
Whitetail, mule deer?
I would have to recommend Northcentral MT.
Gobs of public lands and lots of access.
More deer than you have ever envisioned.
You should have a state use permit in with your conservation license which you have to have for the deer license.
Get a BLM map something around like Winifred, anything in light orange, red, and blue is public land and there is a lot of
Block management lands that is privet but you can hunt it just sign in.

In mt disabled hunters can get a waiver and shoot out of there trucks or off a 4wheeler even ON a county road.

Good luck, just so many deer so little time
Hey shoot me a message if u can, have a question for you, thanks

Back