Die woodchuck, die

Shaky

Hello all,

So far this season Dave and myself have managed to expire the life of 52 woodchucks. :D

Anybody else out ridding the USA of varmints?

Don

well shakey at least your getting out and popping them....

Our forrest are prestently shut down..
so no coyotes ups north...so popping coyotes right now is done in 113º heat.. I am passing for a while

Delw

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Ithaca 37:
That's pretty good. What caliber do you use and do you ever eat them? The hillbillys I hunted with in PA used to eat them all the time. They were good, too!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ithaca,

No we definately don't eat them. Most of the time there isn't much left to eat anyhow, :D

I use a 22 CHeetah MK 1 and push a 52gr berger bullet at 4280 FPS.

Del,

So sorry to hear about all the fires out in AZ and CO :(

We get out nearly every night anymore, since as you know there isn't much else to do in industry, right now.

Speaking of heat it was 98 here yesterday and the humidity was 94%. Your 113 sounds cool to me.

Don

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Ithaca 37:
Shaky, If you've never tried them, boil the hind quarters for 30 minutes and then barbecue them! Pretty good!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ithaca,

No thanks, I just can't bring myself to even try one.

Nut,

Dave killed one at 65 yards tonight. The bullet when down it's throat and blew 1/2 of the back of its neck off.

I killed one at 350 yards. It never had a chance. It stood up, facing away from me, the bullet entered in the middle of its back and blew almost all of its guts out. LOL

Make the new count 58

Now I am out of ammo, have to reload 48 cases tomorrow.

Don

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Elkhunter:
Sounds like someone is having a little fun
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Elkhunter,

Yep, its fun

Dave and I are kind of sick,,,,,ok we are sick, lol

We always walk the fields when done killing them to see what the bullet did to them. I have to admit that sometimes its pretty gross.

Del,

Right On :D

Don

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back