Caribou Gear Tarp

Detachable bases?

Carl 9.3x62

Anyone using detachable scope bases? I am looking into getting a set for my CZ 550. Kind of leaning towards Talley or Alaskan Arms. Any thoughts?

Anyone using detachable scope bases? I am looking into getting a set for my CZ 550. Kind of leaning towards Talley or Alaskan Arms. Any thoughts?
I have no experience with those brands but I have with Leupold QD setup. I use them on my MZ and a couple Remington 700. They always stay zeroed when taken off and reattached.

I've used Leupold QR on a few rifles. I like them, a lot... One rifle I had a fixed 2.5x and a 6x scope that I swapped and they always held zero. Also used them on a muzz for easy cleaning, and on another rifle just because I got a set for $20...

Base's or rings? I have a set of old Bushnell tip off rings on a rifle and tipped it one time just to try it., huh, no open sights on that rifle! Probably doesn't matter as I doubt I could use the sight anyway, they are probably right at or just below the base's!

Base's or rings? I have a set of old Bushnell tip off rings on a rifle and tipped it one time just to try it., huh, no open sights on that rifle! Probably doesn't matter as I doubt I could use the sight anyway, they are probably right at or just below the base's!
Well I guess it depends on the brand. The ones I were looking at are a ring that attaches directly to the rifle. I have open sights on my rifle, and have used them once to kill a doe deer. I have a cow moose tag this year and was thinking it would be fun to use open sights if I could, but be able to put the scope on if need be.

I've used Leupold QR on a few rifles. I like them, a lot... One rifle I had a fixed 2.5x and a 6x scope that I swapped and they always held zero. Also used them on a muzz for easy cleaning, and on another rifle just because I got a set for $20...
Need to look at the leupold a bit closer but it looks as if I may need to buy rings and bases, instead of just rings.

Need to look at the leupold a bit closer but it looks as if I may need to buy rings and bases, instead of just rings.
I guess maybe I don't understand your question. Removable bases? I've not seen removable bases. They are fixed/screwd onto the rifle and the rings attach to them. Talley makes a one piece ring/base combo and also rings and bases.

The leupold sets are $$$. They used to be about 70buck, but I think they are almost 2x that now

I guess maybe I don't understand your question. Removable bases? I've not seen removable bases. They are fixed/screwd onto the rifle and the rings attach to them. Talley makes a one piece ring/base combo and also rings and bases.

The leupold sets are $$$. They used to be about 70buck, but I think they are almost 2x that now
I am probably just not explaining it very well. The two brands I looked at were the one piece quick detachable ring/base combo. What I saw from leupold looked a liked a permanent base with detachable ring.

Well I guess it depends on the brand. The ones I were looking at are a ring that attaches directly to the rifle. I have open sights on my rifle, and have used them once to kill a doe deer. I have a cow moose tag this year and was thinking it would be fun to use open sights if I could, but be able to put the scope on if need be.
OK. Must be similar to my old Sako L61's. Base's built into the receiver?

I use Leupold QR rings on my lever guns and one bolt gun that I want for thick brush hunting to take scope off. I use them on all my zombie guns too. Never had and issue or losing zero taking on and off scope.

I ordered a set from Alaska Arms. Should be here next week. Looking forward to trying them out.

I’ve used Leupolds QD system for years with great results EXCEPT they wear rather quickly, and once they’re loose they have problems.

I’ve never used their QD Weaver style.

Hate them

This: "I’ve used Leupolds QD system... EXCEPT they wear rather quickly, and once they’re loose they have problems."

This: "I’ve used Leupolds QD system... EXCEPT they wear rather quickly, and once they’re loose they have problems."
QD or QR? There is a difference. I have a set QRs on a 375 H&H, a 338 and a muzzle loader all from the mid 2000s. The muzz scope gets taken off and put back on a dozen times a year. Zero issues with wear on any of them. I'm not sure how you could wear them unless maybe they got dirty? The cam on them would be very difficult to wear out and get loose. I am not a fan of the QD/Weaver style bases with the cross beam/notch.

QD or QR? There is a difference. I have a set QRs on a 375 H&H, a 338 and a muzzle loader all from the mid 2000s. The muzz scope gets taken off and put back on a dozen times a year. Zero issues with wear on any of them. I'm not sure how you could wear them unless maybe they got dirty? The cam on them would be very difficult to wear out and get loose. I am not a fan of the QD/Weaver style bases with the cross beam/notch.
How come you aren't a fan of the weaver style?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back