MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Designing a app for wild game cooking (Need volunteers for survey)

mcmoshier

Hello hunting world. I'm a User Interface Designer and I'm currently in the design phase of making an app that allows you to search for recipes for wild game meats. I need to conduct a small survey. I have only seven short questions that I need volunteers to answer. This would really help me collect data on what features to include in the app. If just 3 people could answer the following questions I would really appreciate the help. Thank You.

Screen Shot 2019-09-04 at 12.42.47 PM.png

Here you go;
1. Adds to the whole experience, I do all my own game processing, cooking the game is a natural extension of that whole process.
2. Ingredient lists and steps in preparation.
3. About once every week...if it is still in the freezer.
4. Nothing other than the above, the freezers empty. (Hopefully success this year, it's gettin low in the freezer)!
5. Yes, It would make me want to come in the door anyway.
6. Yes.
7. Internet - Taste of Home.

Welcome to the forum.

1. I enjoy experimenting and finding new ways to prepare the things I bring home.
2. A search by ingredients function
3. Almost daily
4. Having leftovers in the fridge already
5. No. I may actually be less inclined to shop there?
6. Yes, if it had good recipes. I’m talking Hank Shaw quality eats, not the old “dump a can of cream of x soup” or “wrap it in bacon” type stuff.
7. A regular non-game recipe off of Pinterest that I adapted for the game I had on hand.

1. For me it brings the hunt full circle and is a vital part of the total experience. I also do all my own game processing, and the majority of the cooking at home. I enjoy knowing that I provided the meat, the healthy aspect of wild game, not to mention the flavor! I enjoy sharing a meal with friends featuring something they may not normally get to experience.
2. Recipes, techniques, preparation
3. Almost daily. Minimum 4-5 days/week
4. Nothing. I am very fortunate to have an abundance of wild game and fish every year
5. There is a place about an hour from me but I don't shop there. I already have most of what they sell and price for deer, antelope and elk is 4x the price of beef.
6. Yes.
7. Internet, experience.

1. Honestly, I don't enjoy the process, but rather the finished product.
2. Wild game recipes, with an alternative ingredients tab i.e. the ability to click on an ingredient and see what else you could use if you don't have something the recipe calls for... no rosemary, try X, Y, or Z
3. I only cook with wild game, my wife uses it 50% of the time, we probably eat it 6 meals a week (3 dinners, 3 left over lunches)
4. Time and wanting to vary our diet from purely red meat, we don't have tons of wild caught fish or poultry in our household.
5. We buy fish at costco does that count ;) No, given that you can't buy wild game (cervids, bears, etc) legally in the united states. Farm raised elk and deer are the same thing as beef in my mind, and I'm not interested.
6. Yes, although with the stipulation @Hunting Wife made, Rinella, Hank Shaw, Edwardo Garcia, etc level wild game recipies... also wild game specific, i.e. recipies that deal with the limitations of the ingredients, so ones that use Sous Vide, or temps and times that reflect the quailties of wild game and aren't just a beef recipe with elk sub-d in as the protein.
7. Internet/ Wild game cook books by the aforementioned authors.

1. I enjoy eating, therefore enjoy cooking because its the path to eating...

2. Most of the recipes I use are beef based that I convert to venison, so for me some type of conversion tool from beef to venison. Like add more cream of mushroom and this spice if not using beef.

3. Every day, never store bought meat

4. Nothing

5. No, I eat what I kill, not a fan of store bought meat unless its unavoidable

6. Possible. Really depends on the database of recipes and how useful the app really is. Also a huge thing for me, if the app is going to steal my data there has to be something real special about it for me to download it.

7. I cook a lot just based off guessing, but I also use online recipe books often and substitute in wild game for beef or pork and see how it goes. For example making curry with venison instead of beef.

Thank you to everyone who wrote a response. This is all really helpful. I will be sure to keep you updated on the design and prototype phase. I appreciate your time.

Caribou Gear

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tinhunter
Back