Save $100 on the Leupold VX-3HD

Denver Newbie

MikeD86

Hi all!
I thought I would introduce myself.

Live in the Denver area. I am 34 yrs old and this is my first year hunting ever. I recently completed hunters Ed and am in the process of planning my year. Not just for myself, but for my 13 yr old that also wants to hunt too! It will be an amazing experience for both of us to learn and enjoy!

Ive lived in Denver for 5 yrs now. Have yet to really settle in and meet many folks. Anyone I do know, does not hunt. I’m fact, I think my only good friends are vegetarian! Haha!

I grew up in Arkansas where the whitetail was hunted by some family religiously, but I myself was never included on any hunting. I very rarely even shot a gun even though there were many in my grandparents house along with many trophies on the walls. When I was 15, moved to Houston and was at that point completely removed from hunting all together. No more deer meat for me.

fast forward many years, I now have a 13 year old and have wanted to hunt the last few years and have finally pulled the trigger on making it happen this year.

I’m hoping that throughout the year, if covid allows, that I can meet other like minded new, rookie hunters, and experienced hunters to befriend and maybe eventually go on hunts together!

my current plan is to do a spring and fall OTC turkey hunt to get familiar with the land and stalking the animals. I would like to target elk this fall, but would be just fine with a mule deer.

happy hunting!

Welcome from Westminster! Enjoy the process of getting to know what works and what doesn't for you. PM me if you have any questions, I would be glad to help/point you in the right direction.

Welcome from an Arkansan transplanted in NM. I grew up south of Ft Smith and still have a place near Elkins/Madison County. Good luck.., you'll find lots of great info and connections here. The good thing about vegetarian friends is you'll have no one asking to share your harvest!

Welcome from an Arkansan transplanted in NM. I grew up south of Ft Smith and still have a place near Elkins/Madison County. Good luck.., you'll find lots of great info and connections here. The good thing about vegetarian friends is you'll have no one asking to share your harvest!
Nice! That is very true on vegetation friends! Looking forward to the connections I make this year and the many many hunts to come

Welcome and good luck. It took me a while to even start to figure out this state.

Welcome to Hunt Talk from southern CO! Any luck with spring turkey?
You mentioned you might be interested in some fall big game hunts.... Did you draw any tags or thinking about maybe doing OTC?

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back