Democratic "Sellout"

cjcj

By Perry Bacon Jr.
Washington Post Staff Writer
Monday, September 10, 2007; A04

CORAL GABLES, Fla., Sept. 9 -- The first presidential forum to be conducted in Spanish placed a couple of the Democratic participants in an uncomfortable position Sunday night: answering tough questions while simultaneously fiddling to make sure their earpieces didn't fall out and they could the hear the translation of the next question.

Those questions dealt with a range of issues of interest to Latino voters, from health-care policy to relations with Latin America.

Several questions focused on immigration, and the seven (DEMOCRAT) participants exhibited little difference on the issue, with all supporting changes that would allow illegal immigrants now in the country to stay and eventually receive U.S. citizenship

cj, wouldn't you agree the immigration issue (or non-issue as it has been bipartisanly treated) should be blamed on both parties? I don't blame the Dems for pandering to the Latino vote...smart politics.

Yes, NHY, both parties have been asleep at the wheel on this one. However, pandering to the Latino vote could backfire on them if they go too far. Not even all Latinos favor amnesty or unlimited immigration.

I don't think the Dems have (completely) a blank check this election. Hillary is still a polarizing candidate. Of course, the Republicans have been shooting themselves in the foot quite regularly for so long that they may not be capable of missing it by now.

Sadly, I don't think it even matters anymore what the right course of action in Iraq is, for example - and I do not claim to know what that might be. All the majority can seem to agree on is that we are not on it!

All the majority can seem to agree on is that we are not on it! (Cali H)

Again, bipartisan culpability IMO.

cj, wouldn't you agree the immigration issue (or non-issue as it has been bipartisanly treated) should be blamed on both parties? I don't blame the Dems for pandering to the Latino vote...smart politics.

Yes NHY, I agree, but at least there are some tough Republicans Hunter/Tancredo who DO NOT pander,hump and at least the other candidates [all republican] are paying some lip service to actually enforcing immigration laws.:BLEEP: ...Can you name ANY Democrats...:confused:

What it really boils down to is that neither party wants to take action because of the upcoming elections. Sad that action is postponed because a politician might have to take a stand.

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Trapper330
Back