Delete

If it's a desirable piece I think I'd first try to sell it if it bothered me THAT much.

So I ordered a new Browning X Bolt White Gold Medallion from Cabela's online last Monday, and picked it up last Friday. This Cabela's is almost 100 miles from my house. Anyway, when I picked the gun up and looked it over I saw no flaws...was pretty excited, and obviously didn't look at it close enough...the light has to hit it just right. I accepted the rifle. Got back home late Friday, and registered it online with Browning. Saturday morning took the rifle out of the box, and noticed a nasty factory flaw in the stock right behind the bolt handle. This is not damage after the fact, it is under the clear coat. It looks like maybe a grinder/tool mark from the worker who was finishing the stock before stain/clear coat. It looks much worse in person than in the attached pic. Can't believe that this rifle made it through inspection/quality control! Now when I look at the gun it's all that I see! I am very upset as you might expect. I plan on calling Browning customer service tomorrow morning. How should I expect Browning will handle this? I don't believe that this fiasco should cost me a penny out of my pocket. What say you?
It is a shame that it came that way. Hope they remedy it for you at no cost.

Wood stock, just think of it as getting that first scratch/ding out of the way. Browning may just send you another stock

I wouldn’t necessarily assume that the manufacturer let this one slip by quality control. A lot of the “new” guns I have handled at different Cabelas stores looked like they were run through a tumbler before they were put on the shelf. Was yours in a factory sealed box when they brought it out to you?

Regardless of who was at fault, it sucks that there was a problem.

BTW - how is that Super Grade in 264 WM shooting? They are great looking rifles. I almost bought one of those and I am left handed.

Back