Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Delete

• Thread starter Deleted member 38069
  • Start date
Sorry, you're not the only person reading this for information.

If you are so well versed on handling pressurized liquids, you should not need advice on how to get them filled. I lapped you several times for time spent handling hazardous materials.

Everyone will do what they will do. My life is worth more than a pound of propane.
406dn, uh...thanks? for babysitting the internet today. 100 days? :)

Regards, "Dick"

I wasn’t upset. It was a serious question. If I lighten up any more, they’d have to check my pulse...
I never said I think filling large bottles is "suicide". You just read it fast and missed what I said because you were so ready to start typing. LOL

This is what I said.
"This is considered 1 step short of suicide for crowd #1"

And yes I was kidding, if you read my post you will see I was poking fun at all 3. Like I said, lighten up.

I’d like to understand why you think filling larger tanks from even larger tanks is a bigger risk (“suicidal”) than filling small bottles from medium sized tanks? I have 3 500# tanks at my cabin and fill my 20# grill tanks from them. I generally only fill the 20# tanks 2/3rds full, and I have a special hose with valve and fittings to do it. It’s not any different than getting it refilled at Costco other than it’s much cheaper since I’m buying in bulk And get my big tanks filled when the prices are good.
Ok, tell me your special fittings include overfill protection (or a proper scale) and I will give you a high five, be able to sleep at night, drop this thread, all at the same time.

Look you you tube about refilling one pounders. They DO make some that are refillable and legal to transport. There is a valve that you want to release pressure as it's been refilled. Somewhere on youtube is a video that shows how to get one pounders full. You DO NOT want to refill disposable ones because they have a different safety valve prone to corrosion and may leak.

The bottles like you see here are refillable and legal to transport.

Look you you tube about refilling one pounders. They DO make some that are refillable and legal to transport. There is a valve that you want to release pressure as it's been refilled. Somewhere on youtube is a video that shows how to get one pounders full. You DO NOT want to refill disposable ones because they have a different safety valve prone to corrosion and may leak.

The bottles like you see here are refillable and legal to transport.

Thanks for the helpful reply. I just ordered one of these. Hopefully it works well!

I am going to add even refilling Flame King bottles is dangerous. DO NOT do it inside. If you make a mistake, there will be a huge fireball and possibly an explosion. If you do not know what you are doing, don't try it. Read the instructions carefully and follow the safety precautions explicitly. I had a job filling 20 and 30 pounders before and I always worried some moron was going to drive up while I was refilling tanks lighting a cigar or something.

Believe it or not, it's actually illegal to refill 1lb propane bottles in Canada. I feel safer already!

8ed.jpg

Believe it or not, it's actually illegal to refill 1lb propane bottles in Canada. I feel safer already!
It might be in the US too if people don't do it right. Too many take short cuts and blow up not just their garage but the neighbors too. If they do it following the prescribe process and outside, it can be safe. I don't have links but I have heard news stories in the past where they exploded a garage and damaged adjacent buildings doing this.

Late to the check the forum tonight. Is there something in the water?

Ok, tell me your special fittings include overfill protection (or a proper scale) and I will give you a high five, be able to sleep at night, drop this thread, all at the same time.
I’m not that precise, which is why I generally only fill 1/2 - 2/3 capacity. I can lift a 20# tank and tell whether it’s 15# give or take 30%. Since it’s a 50’ walk instead of a 20 minute drive to fill them, I don’t feel the need to fill them to capacity, and thus err on the side of underfilling vs. overfilling. Others may not be comfortable with that, but I’m much more concerned about my campfires than about my propane.

GOHUNT Insider

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back