Votes: 21 28.4%
  • 7mm SAUM

Votes: 14 18.9%
  • 300 WSM

Votes: 9 12.2%
  • Other

Votes: 21 28.4%

• Total voters
7 wsm 24ā€ barrel 162 eldm at 3050 or the 180 eldm at 2950. Ibi carbon barrel, defiance action, mdt hnt26 or ag composite stock.

Like you, I too have a 6.5 CM and have been debating on whether or not I need anything in the quarter bore category. That said, while I don't need a quarter bore, I WANT a .257 Roberts. It's a classic round, and if can find one in something like a model 70 I'm all over it.

Of the magnum class calibers you have listed, I'd lean 300 WSM, mainly because I think you'll have a wider selection of bullet weights to play with.

Those .257 Bobs have seemed neat to me for a while. I donā€™t need one or really want one so I wonā€™t buy one but out of the calibers you listed that is the one that jumps out at me.

Iā€™ve carried and hunted with cartridges up to and including the .577 nitro. My absolute favorite to shoot on steel or for deer, antelope and song dogs, is the .257 Roberts followed closely by the .275 Rigby. Havenā€™t taken my 6.5 man bun off the wall in over two years.
factory loadings are very tame, so too are most +p loadings. Modern rifles and good brass are capable of so much more out of both the 257 and 275.

.257 Roberts has always intrigued me. I have no idea why.
Because it should. Blonds or Brunettes or Redheads?

Personally, my name is Robertā€¦it was only appropriate I should hunt with a cartridge named after me. Right? šŸ˜

In reality, my Remington M7MS (full stock mannlicher) with a 2.5-8x Leupold is simply my go-to deer gun. Low recoil, super accurate, easy shooting, plenty of gun to anchor a deer. The Bob, as it were, will probably be the rifle I am buried with. Itā€™s just that good.

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Infraredice
Back