Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

deer rib recipe?

duckhunt

Usually I grind up the rib meat to use in summer sausage, snack sticks, etc. This year I decided to keep them whole and try the bbq ribs on the grill. I know theres not alot of meat there but I want to try it anyway. Any suggestions on this experiment?

Ive tried smoking deer ribs before. The flavor is great but I find the rib meat really stringy & it gets stuck in my teeth alot.

Best off throwing the rib meat in the grinder for sausage in my opinion .

Roast at about 300deg for 4 hours. Make sure to have enough water to keep them moist then finish on the grill. We eat wild game ribs occasionally, and this works the best for me. The meat will shrivel up to one end of the ribs depending on how much you left on the outside. Lot of work for what you get. Flavor and texture is nothing lIke por ribs.

After years of trimming for grinding, pressured with processing several deer one year, I decided to throw the fatter ones straight on the grill to save time and work. That is how I do my ribs all the time now. In fact, I have them on the grill right now, natural chunk charcoal. I have one of those big Texas New Braunfels barrel smoker grills.

Sometimes I marinate them in a wine, olive oil, garlic, salt and pepper base mixture, but today I skipped the marinade and went straight to the grill with a rub, basting with the mixture. Then I top off with butter for the fat glaze, since they are a wee bit leaner.

I simmer mine for about an hour in salted water with juniper berries, then throw them on the grill to finish them off. Turn out great.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atlasbranch
Back