Deer only Combo License

JJones

Question: The deadline for applying for Deer Combo license was last night 03/15/2019. After speaking with a lady in Licensing in Helena, I applied for the Deer Combo license. She told me to click on "only" Deer Combo AND "Deer Permit". I now know that I was "mistakenly" misguided by her. I have since found out that I "DO NOT NEED" a permit to hunt the area that I was intending to hunt. A Deer Combo is all that I need. "But" because it was getting close to the "clock cut off time", and I couldn't reach my contacts in Montana, I just clicked on 3 separate divisions so that I could complete the transaction before the cut off time of 11:30 MST. I chose "very randomly" 1st Choice 652. Second Choice 130 and Third Choice 214.
It appears that theres little to no chance that I'll draw the 1st or 2nd choice (which I'm very glad of), but my 3rd choice has extremely high draw odds. I don't want to hunt in "any" of these special permit areas. I simply need the Deer Combo (which comes with the Base Hunting License). So if I do draw one of these "Permits", am I "required" to hunt only in that Permit Division/Region, or can I just not use the permit that I drew and hunt in the area that I originally planned to hunt that only requires the Deer Combo License ??

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Higbee
Back