Deer hunting partner in Southern California/ zone D11 -13-15

D11-13-15 ends this Sunday. Good luck. Gonna be tough but always worth a shot.

D11-13-15 ends this Sunday. Good luck. Gonna be tough but always worth a shot.
If I am not mistaken, general Bear season runs through December 31st in these regions as well? Do you have any familiarity or is it worth going out and trying for it in these zones?

Sorry, I was just referencing deer season. Have not personally hunted bear, but they are up there in D11, above the Pasadena/La Canada/Monrovia area. The issue up in some of these areas is access.

Sorry, I was just referencing deer season. Have not personally hunted bear, but they are up there in D11, above the Pasadena/La Canada/Monrovia area. The issue up in some of these areas is access.
Gotcha. I figured terrain might be tough to navigate out this way. I'm new to hunting really, so it would be nice to find others to join and kind of scout out habitats for the future. It's a bummer general deer is already ending.

Get OnX and start e-scouting during the off-season. Read forums. Most guys will post up general areas and then use OnX to figure out if there's access to public land. That's how I started about 5-6 years ago. See if any of your friends, co-workers, clients/customers, or anyone in your circle hunts. See if you can tag along.

I've also just driven out to areas of public land during the spring/summer and camped with my binos and tripod and spent days just glassing and hiking. Never know what you'll find.

GOHUNT Insider

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Omcqueen
Back