PEAX Equipment

Deer hunting partner in Southern California/ zone D11 -13-15

Taz77

Hey there,
I was just looking for a hunting partner that has experience with the public areas to deer hunt in Southern California.
This is my first time to hunt, and I have a tag for zoning D 11 and 13, 15.

Last edited:
Hey Robert, I didn’t know that. What do you recommend?
Hunting a different state lol. In all seriousness I hunt Central and it’s been tough getting onto some mature legal deer. Wish they allowed the taking of doe in more areas as I see 4 million of them to 1 buck.

Hunting a different state lol. In all seriousness I hunt Central and it’s been tough getting onto some mature legal deer. Wish they allowed the taking of doe in more areas as I see 4 million of them to 1 buck.

Oh wow. I don’t mind going to different state. That’s real tough only one buck. Can I use my hunting license in different state or do I need to get a new one ?

Oh wow. I don’t mind going to different state. That’s real tough only one buck. Can I use my hunting license in different state or do I need to get a new one ?
No you need a license from that state. It’s not impossible to find good deer here in CA but be prepared to work for it.

No you need a license from that state. It’s not impossible to find good deer here in CA but be prepared to work for it.
Oh okay, and thank you for letting me know. That’s going to be another process which I don’t need. I’m going to do my best to find one. Question from your experience how long do I need to stay at the field ? Thank you

Fellow SoCal'er here. You have a pretty tough tag, but get out there and give it your best. Spend as much time in the field as you can, it's hard to tag a deer from the sofa. Look for water, especially if we have not had any rain yet. There are deer spread through most all of the national forest land in all three of the zones.

Fellow SoCal'er here. You have a pretty tough tag, but get out there and give it your best. Spend as much time in the field as you can, it's hard to tag a deer from the sofa. Look for water, especially if we have not had any rain yet. There are deer spread through most all of the national forest land in all three of the zones.
Thank you for letting me know.

Southern California it’s tough make sure you are in outstanding shape. You will need to do lots of hiking to find a good spot. We have a group of us who hunt zone A and D13 we are not always successful, but it’s a lot of fun just going out there and finding new areas. When we first started hunting these areas back 12 years ago we were killing a buck almost every other weekend. The last few years has been maybe 3 or 4 during the entire hunting season which runs from August 14 to beginning of October for these two areas. I am 43 years old now so the definition for a successful hunt for me it’s having fun and making home to my family safely. Every year I just can’t wait hunting season to roll around to start getting into shape and getting out for 2 to 3 days away from the city to be outdoors.

Hello I'm no expert of hunting these areas but I am also looking for a hunting partner if you are still looking

Hey there,
I was just looking for a hunting partner that has experience with the public areas to deer hunt in Southern California.
This is my first time to hunt, and I have a tag for zoning D 11 and 13, 15.
Ohhh . If I was still in LAC. I have some friends who know places in Ca like their home

Have hunted those zones and sightings are getting fewer and fewer, especially last season with even less water, no food and the extensive pochers that where caught. Looking at out of state now. maybe you'd like to join forces. Shoot me a message.

I've hunted those zones. Rifle and archery but only a few times. I go to other zones. 7, 8, 14, 16 or 17. Most are premium zones nowadays. Hope you were able to get out there.

Hello I'm no expert of hunting these areas but I am also looking for a hunting partner if you are still looking
Hello,

I currently have tags for this area and am looking for someone with experience to hunt with. Are you located in socal?

Back