MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Decked... is it worth it?

I was checking Decked out for the Gladiator and am not sure it would be worth taking up so much of the bed with the truck's low side walls. They're great for getting in and taking stuff out but not so great for putting in a storage solution.

How much room do you have in those drawers? Enough to fit a big chainsaw?

The Gladiator bed is so small it's probably not worth it, a hard tonneau would probably be more useful for you

I bought the decked system for my 2013 chevy truck short box and it worked great. it was spendy but a quick solution for what I wanted. Thought I didn't want to spend the time to build a custom one but now I am wishing I had built my own as I would have added a few more options like slide out removal of the entire system. Or fold over from one side to the other for easy hauling of taller stuff when you have a topper on it. I just tossed a carpet remnant on it cut to fit to keep stuff from sliding around and to sleep on then I remove it when I haul wood or an ATV. But, Maybe its time to buy a new truck and build one.

I've got a Decked system in my truck with a raised topper. Kind of looks like an "old man truck" that way, but it allows me to sit up without hitting my head on the topper. The Deck itself does elevate your bed height a decent amount, certainly something to consider. I like that it's more or less dust proof and I've yet to see a drop of water in it, even in the couple months before I had the topper with snow and rain. I like mine for secure storage, whether it's my rifle during hunting season, ski's during the winter, or work equipment year round, it's out of sight, out of mind, and more secure than it would be in my cab. They're pretty much bomb-proof, at least mine has been. Depends on how much $$ you're looking to spend. Quality product though? Absolutely.

I bought the decked system for my 2013 chevy truck short box and it worked great. it was spendy but a quick solution for what I wanted. Thought I didn't want to spend the time to build a custom one but now I am wishing I had built my own as I would have added a few more options like slide out removal of the entire system. Or fold over from one side to the other for easy hauling of taller stuff when you have a topper on it. I just tossed a carpet remnant on it cut to fit to keep stuff from sliding around and to sleep on then I remove it when I haul wood or an ATV. But, Maybe its time to buy a new truck and build one.
I like your idea of fold over from one side, was looking at the decked system this weekend and am planning on building one for my tacoma

I just sold my 2017 Nissan Titan with a 5 1/2' bed. I had the Decked system in the bed for about a year and it worked great for my purposes. It also can handle an atv/utv on top. For securely storing anything from firearms to tools it worked great. Now, the selfish plug for it:
I still have the whole system sitting in my garage. Its yours for $850 if you can come through SLC..
Blixen - Do you still have this and would it fit a tundra? If so, I'm interested if you are still lurking on this, PM me.

A tonneau and a drawer system seem like a tough pairing. The space between the top of a drawer system (including decked) and the tonneau would not be very much room at all, negating the utility of it.

The best pairing is likely the cap with a drawer system. Decked seem the best for heavy use and durability. If you are going without a cap it will be tedious to make a weather resistant drawer system yourself, so that would make Decked a pretty strong consideration. Maybe others have built their own weather resistant drawer systems that can handle weather but that seems like a tall order.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Giddyup64
Back