DEA Agent Shoots Self

ELKCHSR

DEA Agent Shoots Self in Gun Safety Class

ORLANDO, Fla. - A federal drug agent shot himself in the leg during a gun safety presentation to children in what police describe as an accident. His bosses, however, are still investigating the incident.

The Drug Enforcement Administration agent, whose name was not released, was speaking April 9 to about 50 adults and students organized by the Orlando Minority Youth Golf Association, witnesses and police said.

He drew his .40-caliber duty weapon and removed the magazine, according to the police report. He then pulled back the slide and asked an audience member to look inside the gun and confirm it wasn't loaded.

Witnesses said when the agent released the slide, one shot fired into the top of his left thigh. The gun was pointed at the floor

The agent was treated at Orlando Regional Medical Center and returned to work, a DEA official said.

And just how many times have we all heard,,"AN UNLOADED GUN ALWAYS KILLS SOMEONE"....Heck every year we hear in the news that someone was hurt or killed while cleaning a gun....I was thinking about going back to archery hunting,,,,,until I read that an archer was killed by an arrow...OUT OF HIS TREESTAND :eek:
hump.gif
It just goes to show,,, that people are NUTS...

Hunterman(Tony)

Maybe the federal drug agent was on drugs himself!! As old Homer Simpson would say, "DOH!"

Hey elkchsr makes you wonder don't it. I wonder how far he is gonna get in the DEA.
, cause he shoots himself emptying his gun lord knows what he will do next.

"Teaching a gun safety class!! :eek: Come on you guys; he did it for effect;just to demonstrate how dangerous an unloaded weapon is! :D What an Instructor!! :rolleyes:

That's the reason I prefer a revolver over these fancy schmancy autoloaders. Matt Dillon never shot himself in the leg because he thought the gun was empty!

-RW-

Oh yeah; and I suppose you think Chester was born with that limp??? :eek:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back