Caribou Gear

DAWES COUNTY NEBRASKA....

RUT JUNKEY

So, Saturday night my hunting buddy and I were talking about our annual turkey hunting trips...I assumed Kansas, Michigan, Missouri....He says how about NW Nebraska then Kansas... I said we have zero clue on Nebraska, but ok. So, my question is, has anyone hunted this county and if so is it worth the drive? Looks like a lot of public access in that county.... Thanks guys. (We are going regardless, but just wanted some opinions).

Lots of turkeys. I used to dodge them on the highway every morning on the way to work. Do some searching on threads here and you will find lots of info.

$100 per gun per day is a typical fee for private access during turkey season. Hunting private there is barely even hunting, and in some cases not even as the birds are tame and live in peoples yards, barns, corrals, etc...

Very nice CampRipley, glad to hear that. We are headed that direction Sunday and hunting from Monday to Saturday. Weather seems to be looking like it may turn crappy for us. Sure hope the forecast changes.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Infraredice
Back