Daughters first Mule deer

powderburn

I took my favorite daughter out for her mule deer today. I'd been looking for a big 4x5 that I saw earlier in the season and only spotted him one more time on posted property. I new another area that had some decent bucks and with her perfect 2 shots 2 bucks record on the line I didn't want to leave much to chance. We moved about 600 yrds down a fenceline between 2 fields and got set up behind some bales and I blew my fawn bleet a couple times. Within about 5 minutes this buck comes strolling over a little knoll and hangs up at about 150yrds. He looked the area over really good but wouldn't come any closer. Eminator had a solid rest and when her 270 barked the buck dropped in it's tracks. She's now 3 for 3 and made her Dad a proud guy again today. First pic is the one I tried to find for her. Second pic is Em' buck holding up on us.
mulie1.jpg

jehna4.jpg

jehna1.jpg

jehna2.jpg

jehna3.jpg

Fantastic memory maker!

That is some amazing mountain scenery in the background.

Hopefully my daughter will follow suit.

My wife says that she agrees with her hunting "outfit".

Awesome! A gal that hunts and still wears eye makeup! I'd be very proud too! She's going to be quite a catch for some lucky guy.

The funny part was we walked back to get the truck and get through a gate to get to her deer and when we came back a bout 10 minutes later this is what we saw. Another buck fighting her dead buck and several more deer had come to watch the battle. I couldn't get the camcorder out fast enough to catch it all but here are a few pics off the video.
buck6.jpg

buck4.jpg

buck1-2.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chughes
Back