Yeti GOBOX Collection

Danr - I shot the 25 grainers this weekend

Fatman

I loaded 20 of the 25 grain bullets I ordered this weekend. The load was 11 grains of 2400, one of the loads out of the reloading manual I got, and at 50 yds. I was doing good to hold a 1" group. I didn't chrono any of them since the accuracy was not what I was hoping for. There were 2 or three other powders in the book and I will try some of them next, in addition, I will try 13.4 grains of Lil Gun since this was the one powder my rifle seemed to like better than the rest. When I get more results, I will let you know.

Dennis

Thanks for that Dennis. So far, it doesn't sound encouraging. I certainly hope the next ones shoot better. Doens't do any good to go light speed if you don't hit what you're aiming at. :cool:

I hope so, but I don't know. According to the article I read, you can't load the round short enough to cycle in a factory specs magazine, the ogive is too long and gradual. The bearing surface is extremely short on this bullet and as such, I would suspect that bullet runout could be a problem, also due to the short bearing surface, I would imagine that neck tension is extremely critical to keep from blowing the short bullet out of the case before pressure has a chance to build to normal levesl. Does this sound reasonable or am I worrying about things I really don't need to be concerned with?

<FONT COLOR="#800080" SIZE="1">[ 30 July 2001 09:12: Message edited by: Fatman ]</font>

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stravic
Back