Damascus Shotguns

shrapnel

I love the look of a damascus side by side shotgun and even more with sidelocks and hammers. I just got a Colt 1883 in and had to take it out shooting Sporting clays, 5 stand. It is a nice old original gun with good damascus pattern on it and the barrels are of high quality damascus and not twist.

I have a William Powell lift lever, hammer gun and like it a lot too, took it along in case I couldn’t shoot the Colt well. The Colt has a lot of drop in the stock, but I was still able to bust a bunch of clays with it.

December 19 and it was in the 50’s with sun and no wind.

They are a pleasure to own and shoot and to think about where thy have been and in whose hands they spent all those years since they were made…

IMG_3244.jpegIMG_3246.jpegIMG_3247.jpeg

Nice, love the damascus pattern on the Powell, is the wood original on it? Looks outstanding.

I love the look of a damascus side by side shotgun and even more with sidelocks and hammers. I just got a Colt 1883 in and had to take it out shooting Sporting clays, 5 stand. It is a nice old original gun with good damascus pattern on it and the barrels are of high quality damascus and not twist.

I have a William Powell lift lever, hammer gun and like it a lot too, took it along in case I couldn’t shoot the Colt well. The Colt has a lot of drop in the stock, but I was still able to bust a bunch of clays with it.

December 19 and it was in the 50’s with sun and no wind.

They are a pleasure to own and shoot and to think about where thy have been and in whose hands they spent all those years since they were made…

View attachment 306936View attachment 306937View attachment 306938
I’ve recently caught the double gun bug and I’m scared for my bank account! I have my eye on a T. Page Wood right now.

Start to finish....wonder how long it would take to make with their methods back then....complete craftsmanship!! Beautiful shot guns fellas!!

Back