Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Dale Carnegie to the Rescue!!!!!

Olref

No. Calif., Shingle Sprs., 20 mins. from where gol
Considering occasional posts here, that tend to prompt negative attitudes and hard feelings among Hunt Talk members, I believe I've got the answer to improve this problem!! Years ago, when I was going to be a "Hot Shot" winning coach, I enrolled in a Dale Carnegie course, getting ready to address the large crowds I'd be talking to after each and every championship.:D His famous book, "Win Friends and Influence People" deals basically with ways to improve personal traits: self-improvement, interpersonal skills, and oh yes...TACTFULNESS.
I'll loan out the book, free of charge. to any member who's interested!!! By meerly posting this, you can see I didn't learn too much from the book!!!!!!!!!!!:hump::hump:

My Mother took Dale Carnegie courses back when I was a kid (70's!), and I went with her to some. Might have influenced me, although some may disagree ;-).
You try to make things a win/win.
And so let's see... I was an active participant in the Madison Elk Working Group, and the Bison Citizen Working Group, that may have worked.
But now I'm out the door for an event here in the Bozone, at the 406 Brewery, sponsored by the Backcountry Hunters and Anglers, honoring Joe Gutkoski. He's 88, and got yet another elk this year!!
Heck of a guy...

Read these in high school. I think my mother had taken the courses and the hardbacks were laying around. Read much like Reader's Digest. Short vignettes. I enjoyed the books and adapted some of the suggested tips and behaviors when was speaking in front of large groups, leading teams, dealing with various stressful situations, etc. Most of us are old dogs now so new tricks might go over like lead balloons.

Off topic (or maybe not) but gotta hand it to BHA for organizing that event honoring Joe tonight.
Great turnout, and Joe even had a beer!! He doesn't ordinarily drink beer or coffee, which might be part of why he's made it this far.
Still, speaking of Dale Carnegie, it was a very positive presentation, with everyone nodding and smiling, and lots of misty eyes, but no one openly crying. Positive, and I'd like to think Joe had a very good evening!
The only problem was the acoustics, or lack thereof in the 406 Brewery, which I'd never been in. Lots of other people than the big crowd there for Joe, and it was "so" loud, was near impossible to hear...
I'm deaf (too much electric guitar, gunfire and machinery operation) but it wasn't just me. Many people had their hands cupped over an ear, but to some degree it didn't matter. An overwhelmingly positive vibe! Again, a great night for Joe...

Joe is a remarkable hunter and conservationist. Voted Toughest Man in the Rockies. Wading rivers and sleeping on bare ground for days on elk hunts with the most primitive of gear. He breaks a leg elk hunting past the age of 80, drags himself out of the timber unassisted, and is back out pursuing elk the next season. I've never met a nicer guy. Big Fin and Joe together in an episode would most certainly be outstanding.

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Infraredice
Back