Yeti GOBOX Collection

Dakota Arms

ERMINE

I was thinking about picking up a Dakota model 97 does anybody know much about tis company; and have recommendations on other models or rifles of the same quality? How do they shoot, any gripes, etc. I'd like a 300 win mag, I know Cabelas in Billings has 2 for sale.

Talk to Steve or Darrell about them, see how old they are. I assume they are in the library. Since don died and remington bought them they have become more "commercialized". Still nice guns but the older ones, pre 2003 are the good stuff. Work them down on price, they'll have margin to spare.

From the ones I've had the pleasure of handling. The (despite Freedom Group influence) have been Beautiful well built rifles. They are of course based on the Mauser 98 action, as designed and tuned by an accuracy nut, and a former designer/smith from Nesika Bay building and designing top shelf Benchrest actions.

If you need More advice, Shedhorn sports in Ennis also shelves Dakota. Rob or Tony would be the folks to talk to there for their opinions on Dakota. Below is a link to their current inventory of Dakota. No .300WM's at the moment, but can offer more insight.
http://www.shedhorn.com/firearms.aspx?CategoryID=323

I have a Dakota Mdoel 76 Classic that is one of the best built, finest shooting firearms I own. I don't think you can go wrong if you buy one. Just be careful of the stock. Shoulder the rifle and make sure it fits you before you buy it. I haven't been able to put my finger on it, but there is something different about the stock design in the Dakota.

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lincoln's Poppi
Back