Custom Strings and Cables???

GatoMan

Anyone out there using an after market string or cable, my bow isn't that old but the buss cable has already stretched on it. Winners Choice strings are made pretty close to here, wondering if anyone uses them or any other brand and how they have held up.

I have Winner's Choice on mine. Nothing but good to say about them so far. Put them on last summer and only have about 400 arrows on it. Winners choice is highly toted among the paper punching and 3d crowd. They are high mileage shooters, so I think it'd be tough to go wrong with them.

Did you just put a string or a cable also on your bow? How much was it, if you don't mind.

I, too, have Winner's Choice on my Legacy. I bought my bow from my brother and he had them put on back in 2002. They hold up really well. I am pretty impressed with 'em.

I just got the winners choice to put on my Switchback have had them on my bows for a while now and I like them they have had very little strech if any. kinda pricey though alot more companies are starting to make prestreched strings that work well some sell them on archerytalk for like 50 bucks for strings and cables.

Winners Choice are one of the biggest and probably the best known. many of their newer strings have the X coat which is extremely durable but a pain to seperate for reserving or addition of a drop away cable etc.

Lots of other newer name in the market though too...
Vapor Trail
Wolf Den
GASS
Stone Mountain
Prostring

All do a very good job and I think they're all a bit more affordable than the Winners choice stuff.

Well I am suppose to be getting a new cam, cable and string, so will try the factory once more but I am sure before summer hits I will be putting on a custom string/cable.

No, not really other then the buss cable has stretched,but I have been shooting the crap out of it. Bowtech was'nt happy with the cam they originally put on the bow so built a new one thats suppose to be smoother, am waiting to recieve it is all. Nothing wrong with the cam in it, I am happy, but new one suppose to be better so will try it.....with the new cam it might change the length of my string/cable so have to wait and see before I order anything custom.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JMD
Back