Crock pot for European mount

chevyman181

Hello all, I was just wondering if anyone has ever used a crock pot to do a European mount?

Thanks

Your standard issue 6 qt crock isn't gonna be big enough is it? I could see retrofitting the heating element from a garage sale find though.

If you could get your hands on one of the larger roasters like whats used at buffets or church pot lucks I really see no reason it shouldnt work?

We did one in a Ninja crock pot which was longer oval shaped (not round) put in 2 of the crock pot liners and you are good to go. In my experience boiling isn't the move, but slow cooking (everyone always says cook it slow and it falls off the bone, that is true of meat on the head also). YMMV. A Sous Vide would be a good alternative, turn it way below boiling and let it slow cook the skull.

Last edited:
In any crockpot I’ve had you can’t keep it from boiling the whole time which may turn the skull to mush.
Thats what I was thinking but the larger roasters typically have a temperature dial that would allow for greater temperature control. I just wonder if it would be deep enough?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Infraredice
Back