Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Crispi Hunting Boots

270win

I know Kennetrek is a sponsor and used on Fresh Tracks but I have to put my 2 cents in on Crispi boots. For over 2 years I have been trying various boots to find some that are comfortable and that are wide enough to accommodate my EE sized foot. Tried Kennetrek, La Sportiva, North Face, Vasque, Danner, Meindahl, Zamberland, Lowa and Solomon. The only boots I have found, and unfortunately they were last on the list, that are light weight, comfortable out of the box and fit wide feet are Crispi.

I worked with Miles Munger, Cripisi NA (formerly Cripisi USA) who is top notch, responsive and very accommodating. He allowed me to order 6 pairs of boots, different styles and widths, to try. He completely refunded my money upon returning the boots that didn't fit (assuming that there was not damage, wear or otherwise used outside) without a problem. A great guy and he answered my questions on the phone and via email.

I ended up with the Kanada in EE width but I note that they boots are naturally wide. After going form Walmart boots (which lasted 2 days) to Cabelas boots (lasted a week) to realizing that higher end Italian boots are made for the mountains and the type of hunting I do, I wish I had realized much sooner in my hunting career that boots are probably the most essential part of your gear. After all, you cannot shoot an Elk if you cannot get to where they are at. And, when you get one down, you are looking at an additional 70-90 lbs on your feet for the miles back to camp.

My final 2 cents, whether you go with Crispi or another European boot, is to get the best boot you can (even if is over your budget) and make sure it fits in all conditions (thick socks, thin socks, in warm weather and cool weather). It will save you miles of pain, discomfort and regrets.

Back