Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

CRF 3 position safety options

I haven’t actually had anything done by Hart but I was getting ready to send a rifle to them for action blue-printing and a new barrel last year. Then, I found the contour I really wanted available from another company. Hart didn’t have that contour programmed in and I didn’t have one available for them to duplicate. With that said, I have heard nothing but good things about their barrels and their work. From my research, I would be willing to bet you would get a rifle back that shot better than a factory 300 WSM Extreme Weather.

How about getting one of the Extreme Weathers in 325 WSM on GB and send it to Hart barrels for a new barrel in 300 WSM?
Thanks for the idea. Now it's off to @p_ham for a new barrel and some tweaks

FYI, I don't think Hart barrels are in business anymore. I sent three emails and two voice-mails over a few week span and never heard back from them.,
Bartlein quoted 12-18 months for a barrel swap, and Defiance is 12-18 months out on their actions. I don't have that much patience.
20221106_160700.jpg

Thanks for the idea. Now it's off to @p_ham for a new barrel and some tweaks

FYI, I don't think Hart barrels are in business anymore. I sent three emails and two voice-mails over a few week span and never heard back from them.,
Bartlein quoted 12-18 months for a barrel swap, and Defiance is 12-18 months out on their actions. I don't have that much patience.
View attachment 248552
I am about a week out with no response to an email to Hart myself…

@millerkiller77,
You can send that unloved Ruger 77 MKII to
Std7mag
Altoona, PA. 16601

Within 3 weeks it would have a Douglas barrel in 7mm WSM.
Was thinking just the same. I'll even offer to split the shipping just to take it off your hands.

Strange that your MkII is gritty. My MkII .308 (ca. 2002 or so) is exceedingly smooth. Perhaps just needs a little TLC?

Was thinking just the same. I'll even offer to split the shipping just to take it off your hands.

Strange that your MkII is gritty. My MkII .308 (ca. 2002 or so) is exceedingly smooth. Perhaps just needs a little TLC?
Heck, i'll pay for the shipping!

Would be 77 MKII #4 for me.

I have 6 Savage rifles.
5 are shooters.
The 6th still needs a benchrest stock. It's my build for shooting matches.
Looking at a 7th to do an ELR/ULR build.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tvrguy
Back