PEAX Equipment

CRF 3 position safety options

millerkiller77

I've searched here and Google a bit and I just can't believe there are such limited choices.
I'm looking for a STAINLESS STEEL, CRF, 3 position safety, fixed magazine, chambered in 300wsm.

I really like the Winchester extreme weather and have in other calibers but it is now discontinued. I really wish I would have bought more of these when they were available..

I have two Kimbers already that check all the boxes, but I can't bring myself to buy another one, the mediocre accuracy and absolutely horrendous customer service, I just can't deal with them any more. I know a lot of folks love their Kimbers, but the other half hates them...Also, the Pachmyr recoil pad just adds insult to injury... it's like putting a bumper sticker on a Ferrari.

I dont do Savage, they just don't ring my bell

Ruger M77 MKII I already have, the sloppy bolt and grittiness is the reason it only got fired twice and now sits in shame, permanent solitary isolation.

Am I missing another manufacturer? Or am going to have a custom rifle built?

Thank you for any input you may have.

I've searched here and Google a bit and I just can't believe there are such limited choices.
I'm looking for a STAINLESS STEEL, CRF, 3 position safety, fixed magazine, chambered in 300wsm.

I really like the Winchester extreme weather and have in other calibers but it is now discontinued. I really wish I would have bought more of these when they were available..

I have two Kimbers already that check all the boxes, but I can't bring myself to buy another one, the mediocre accuracy and absolutely horrendous customer service, I just can't deal with them any more. I know a lot of folks love their Kimbers, but the other half hates them...Also, the Pachmyr recoil pad just adds insult to injury... it's like putting a bumper sticker on a Ferrari.

I dont do Savage, they just don't ring my bell

Ruger M77 MKII I already have, the sloppy bolt and grittiness is the reason it only got fired twice and now sits in shame, permanent solitary isolation.

Am I missing another manufacturer? Or am going to have a custom rifle built?

Thank you for any input you may have.
There are a number of M70 Extreme Stainless in 300WSM rifles out there New in the Box out on Gun Broker. Prepare to be boarded when it comes to the price.

I am pretty sure you can order a CRF action with a 3 position safety from Defiance. It will set you back a little.

There are a number of M70 Extreme Stainless in 300WSM rifles out there New in the Box out on Gun Broker. Prepare to be boarded when it comes to the price.
I couldn't find any on GB. If you happen across one would you mind sending me a link? I found a few of the "Coyote" versions, but none in standard factory "extreme weather " unmolested

I am pretty sure you can order a CRF action with a 3 position safety from Defiance. It will set you back a little.
I did look at the defiance actions today and honestly thought it was going to be my best bet..except I do not have the patience to build one, nor the experience to make sure it is done correctly...and I spent 4hrs in the internet rabbit hole looking for a rifle builder which led me to even more questions. I searched Hunttalk for "custom rifles" and found so many builders that it was overwhelming.

Winchester seems to still make this gun?

Millerkiller, when I look at winchesters site it only shows what you show for the “original” extreme weather the extreme weather MB (trumpkin’s link) and the extreme weather tungsten mb both show the 300wsm as in production.

-Matt
You and @TrumpkinTheDwarf got me looking at the Winchester site. If I were a “rightie,” I think I would have to find myself one of those french walnut Supergrades.

There’s nothing like a beautiful walnut stock on a m70… not the French walnut but I’ve seen a couple RMEF 300wsm supergrades floating around on gunbroker that have convinced me it’s better for my health if I just don’t go window shop anymore.

I couldn't find any on GB. If you happen across one would you mind sending me a link? I found a few of the "Coyote" versions, but none in standard factory "extreme weather " unmolested
I think one of these in a McMillan would be money well spent. Especially if McMillan still made the featherweight pattern stock.

Millerkiller, when I look at winchesters site it only shows what you show for the “original” extreme weather the extreme weather MB (trumpkin’s link) and the extreme weather tungsten mb both show the 300wsm as in production.

-Matt
Interesting, I glazed right over the MB description. I'll go back and learnded to read evEryThing.lol

PEAX Trekking Poles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back