Yeti GOBOX Collection

CPW Commission Meeting 1/13/21

Tutchton moves to have Electronic calls removed from L50 for Mountain Lion hunting, only to be used in Glenwood special management area. Adams second. Vote forthcoming

Cannot believe they discussed changing the regular rifle season dates for deer and elk THIS FALL, with no real mention of it in the pre-published meeting documents. Luckily they passed on this year but may consider changes to the season dates for the remaining years of the 5-year season structure later this year.

Cannot believe they discussed changing the regular rifle season dates for deer and elk THIS FALL, with no real mention of it in the pre-published meeting documents. Luckily they passed on this year but may consider changes to the season dates for the remaining years of the 5-year season structure later this year.
All because of Thanksgiving, that was the gist I got.

Polis addressed the Commission and challenged them to "complete the process [of wolf reintroduction] ahead of schedule."
Did you catch it when Tuchton was going at the goat being non-native that there shouldn't be a problem introducing other non-native species, ie wovles? in the morning session.

Meh, do what they want as long as their BS stays West of I-25. Leave us east side hunters alone. This state is such a joke!

Did you catch it when Tuchton was going at the goat being non-native that there shouldn't be a problem introducing other non-native species, ie wovles? in the morning session.
I heard him ask about goats but didn't hear the comment about introducing other non-natives. I am multitasking multiple online meetings today.

That is super weird. Isn’t that one of the primary tasks of the season structure setting process in the first place? 🤪

i plan to have a decent limited entry cow tag for 4th season this year. my wife has promised me twice already she's okay with me hunting over thanksgiving, which i didn't realize was a conflict when i was making those plans - i plan to get the permission written and signed by her soon

personally, if hunt dates fall over holidays let it be i say.

i can't stand that any little thing that the commission views as an obstacle to having AS MANY people in the woods as possible be addressed and changed asap.

I heard him ask about goats but didn't hear the comment about introducing other non-natives. I am multitasking multiple online meetings today.
He roundabout used it to bring wolves into the convo.

The other thing I heard mention of, which may be future, is making goat/sheep a once in a lifetime tag.

Yesterday I spoke to the outfitter I guided for last fall. He said many of the other outfitters were leaning on the commission to change the dates for 2021 because the late hunt dates will make the 3rd and 4th rifle seasons extremely difficult logistically for anybody who guides in areas likely to get hit with big snowstorms, or drop camps, guys guiding in wilderness areas, or in areas with bad roads, plus the Thanksgiving overlap. Many of them think they won't even be able to book hunters for 3rd and 4th seasons and will take a financial hit over it.

Yesterday I spoke to the outfitter I guided for last fall. He said many of the other outfitters were leaning on the commission to change the dates for 2021 because the late hunt dates will make the 3rd and 4th rifle seasons extremely difficult logistically for anybody who guides in areas likely to get hit with big snowstorms, or drop camps, guys guiding in wilderness areas, or in areas with bad roads, plus the Thanksgiving overlap. Many of them think they won't even be able to book hunters for 3rd and 4th seasons and will take a financial hit over it.

With they dates as they stand I find it hard to believe 3rd and 4th season won’t have record application rates and demand for the deer seasons, I could see a slight change on elk but who knows...

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back