coyote calls

Sly, enjoyed talk, boy do you have a knack of stirring the pot/ got Krusty/Redrider/Cronk all with one shot with open reed comments. CAN'T you guys tell when your getting your chain pulled ??
In a serious note call making can be easy or hard, doesn't matter what your using.
BTW Slys post to me was about these, Rich Cronk made some super calls with same blanks and sold out quickly--- so get inline for Sly's next generation calls using mesquite tubes from me.
Richard Grantham
tally2.jpg

I hope ol' Sly surprise me with one of these,good to see you here again RG

RR,
Yes I make open reed calls and open reed howlers and Diaphram howlers and a truly one of a kind closed reed call from deer antler and my opinion is that open reed calls are easier to produse than the closed reed calls that I produce. You may have spent many hours watching Jeff build calls but you have no idea what goes into one of my closed reed calls. Also I have tried to trade with Jeff so that we could see each others work and Jeff has refused not I.

FYI I was not belittling anyone or saying that openreed calls aren't worth anything or that there isn't any talent involved in the production of a openreed call. I was just simply stating that I feel that my closed reed calls require more work to produce than MY open reed calls. The Key word here is "MY"

If you or anyone was offended by what I said about MY calls then produce one of the closed reed calls just like the ones that I produce and see for your self witch takes you longer,Oyes and don't forget the quality of the finished product, anyone can through something together and say I'm finished and it was easy.

Rich,
I never said your calls weren't any good or anything like that and I have also Tooted the horn for your horn howlers and calls. What have you said about mine? Did I miss something? I know that you don't spend the amount of time on your calls as I do mine because I do all the hollowing out of the barrel and you don't. With antler you don't just drill out a hole and stick a JCreed in it and get the sound that my calls get. Thank you very much for bringing it up though and while we are on this note, if what I do was so damn easy why aren't all the call makers doing it???

Thanks for the fun guys
sly

Sly,
Yes sir, I do believe that you missed a post or two over at PM when I told of mighty fine calls you make. You do make a mighty fine call that is for certain. If you really believe that inserting a metal reed into a call is easier than making your own voice via open reed style, well I guess you are entitled to your opinion. It does seem a little strange that almost everyone and his brother are turning out enclosed reed custom calls, but you can count on one hand the number who are making a good open reed call. That is just my opinion Sly old buddy. I say again, Hey Sly you make a mighty fine antler call. See ya on the predator forum Sly.
smile.gif
smile.gif

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gcporteous
Back