Cowboy Country Wapiti

A new place takes a lot of work and patience to get the big game dialed in. You can't expect success and season after season of I filled tags is not uncommon and shouldn't be considered a failure.

After 2 1/2 months of elk hunting, I finally got my part of this massive country dialed in. There's a right way to do it down here and a wrong one. I'm slowly learning how to put meat in the freezer. Two tags filled this year and it's more success then I have had in 3 years.

This was a winter range hunt. Saw a TON of elk and could only shoot cows. I'm ok with that. From our area we could see the mountains where the elk came down from and I'll hunt come next archery season. This ole' girl was with 14 others. We spooked them coming over a hill and after they had created the hillside we crept over and saw 7 going over the next rise and 7 staying behind. The rest is history!!

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    60.2 KB · Views: 487
This is a video snap shot. Better pics are coming. It was 22 without the windchill by the way. Estimated 15 degrees. Brrrrrr!

Back