Cow Elk to 350 yards- which bullet to use.....

Thanks everyone for the input. The 140GR Accubonds should arrive this week and I'll try to get to the range this weekend to see how they group vs. the other ammo.

I shoot the Winchester loaded 140 ct accubonds. They do have the lubalox coating (black colored bullet). Not sure if there is any advantage with the lubalox, but my Browning xbolt western hunter .270 shoots just under .5 three shot groups if I do my part. I am very happy with them, but really want to try out the Federal premium 140 trophy bonded tip. I have heard good reports on these. Good luck.

This seems to be a recurring question - I've been watching a lot of youtube videos on using the 6.5 creedmoor for elk. Seems one school is heavier is better because of the toughness of elk. One constant theme, though, is that accuracy always wins out. So I guess I'd say, go with whichever one you think you'll have the best (deadliest) shot placement on. Which might mean giving up some shots if you go lighter.

Any of the three bullets you have selected will work just fine. You cannot go wrong with either one. Shoot the most accurate one in your rifle.

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lincoln's Poppi
Back