Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Corned deer

I know most of mine are in South Texas!!!
That’s why the “buzz” word now is “harvesting” not hunting

Here is the recipe, for the corned deer (beef, goose, or whatever you want it for).
Corned Meat
3-4 pounds of meat (4-6 goose breasts), cut into tennis ball sized chunks
2 1/2 Tablespoons Tender Quick
1/2 Cup Brown sugar
1/2 Tablespoon Mustard seed
1/3 Tablespoon Coarse ground black pepper
1/2 Tablespoon paprika
1/2 Tablespoon ground bay leaves
1/2 Tablespoon Allspice
1/2 Tablespoon garlic powder

Combine ingredients in bowl. Place meat in a gallon sized zip lock and cover with the dry ingredients. Seal the bag and shake it around making sure to cover the meat and rub it around. Leave it in the fridge for 7 days and each day shake and rub it around. Cook in oven at 350 degrees for 1.5 to 2 hours.

I have eaten this recipe with goose and deer. I do not generally like corned beef, because I think that it is usually a wet brine.

Just for a bit of added trivia, based on my search, I found that the word "corned" has nothing to do with corn. The origin, is from the kernels of salt used in the original brines, were large enough to where they looked like corn kernels. The name stuck.

In time to view for dinner. Looks darn good! Will store that recipe.
Nice job!

I use Charcuterie or Hank Shaws recipe, which is a brine.
Corned elk is killer.

Thank you for taking the time to type that all out. I saved it and will brine some up some very soon. I have goose breast, sandhills, and some elk and whitetail roasts that I am going to compare.

I always have brine bucket outside during the winter. Cover it and last a long time.

PEAX Trekking Poles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back