Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

controlled deer hunt in Idaho non-resident

I want to put in for a controlled antlerless deer tag in Idaho this year in unit 39. Does this exclude me from the general season tag or can I apply for the antlerless and purchase the general season tag at the same time? How do you know if it's one or the other or both?

Generally speaking, in Idaho, you get one tag. In 39, I think the general seasontime frame “antlerless” is an either sex tag. If you want a buy a regular deer tag, you aren’t eligible for the draw.

As a resident, you can apply for a controlled hunt for antlerless and if you are successful in drawing that tag, you can only get that one tag. If you are unsuccessful, you can purchase an OTC tag for the general hunt. If you apply for an extra antlerless controlled hunt and are successful, you can still purchase a general tag. I would assume that hold true for non residents, but not sure. If the hunt is for antlerless, it is only for does/fawns not either sex, unless the hunt states either sex. Hope this helps.

On Aug 1st anybody can buy a 2nd tag. Those are counted under the non res quota and sold out in Sept in 2019.

Unit 39 has an either sex tag. In theory they could sell out of nonresident deer tags before the drawing, but probably not too likely. If you buy a general deer tag and get drawn, you can exchange the general tag for the controlled hunt tag.

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HaileyB
Back