MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Considering investing in a pair of gaiters, are they worth it?

Sharp stick

I have never worn gaiters and yes I have suffered from wet pant legs from wet morning grass that end up getting water into boots, along with other debris from weed seeds etc. Would want them to be quiet, durable, and of course water proof. Any recommendations?

Worth every penny. I spent a month in my stone glaciers this year and they were amazing. I used to have the first light ones but the stone glaciers stayed up and could tighten them down onto my whole leg, not just the top.

Yes, they are worth it. But if you’re looking at the Kenetrek gaiters be aware they are made for guys with huge calves. I ordered mine per their sizing chart (based on boot size 12) and can’t get them to truly snug down on my dainty lady calves.

My buddy’s first lite gaiters weren’t a problem though.

If you do want to get some Kenetrek’s though, let me know. I’ll sell mine to you at a healthy discount.

Yes get some gaiters. Short tall thick thin, there's many different styles do some research but you'll be happy with whatever you end up with in sure

A must have for me. I've had the OR and Kuiu. ORs were great (eventually the bottom closure velcro wore out, but they warrantied them). Kuiu are nice, quieter than the ORs, I like the button bottom closure better than the velcro (had some non-essential stitching fail on the strap keeper, but they quickly replaced under warranty). If I were buying today I would try the Stone Glacier ones.

Definitely worth it, I've used Kenetrek and some other brand I don't recall. The wet grass and snow is what they are made for, and work great.

I’ve used kenetrek and they failed me in BC. I switched to Kuiu and i love them. I’ve had the 5 years now with out any problem. The issues I had with kenetre’s were the strap that goes under the boot came apart where they were sewed together.

Gaiters are totally worth it. Saved me this year as I broke through ice in a flooded corn field. Water was up to mid shin and stayed dry the entire time with them.

I have the L/XL First Lite Bramblers and they are great with my lighter pairs of boots. Use them all the time pheasant hunting or if there is any moisture/snow on the ground during deer season. I do struggle to get the velcro fully sealed when wearing my heavier warmer boots though. I'm a size 12 as a reference if you're looking into the FL ones.

I have the Kenetreks and they work well for me. Have used the same pair for 5 or 6 years now? I don't have large calves and they fit snug. Whatever brand you go with gaiters are well worth it.

Definitely yes. I have a old pair of Cabela’s camo and love them, wet grass, brush or snow. Looked at a pair of black Kenetreks, but they were too noisy for my liking.

I like them when its wet but not when its hot. I have a pair of badlands and like them but I don't have anything to compare them to.

Yes, yes, a thousand times yes. They will keep your feet much warmer as well. I have had Gamehide ones, Cabelas ones and Kenetrek. I do not like the top closure of the Kenetreks as I cannot get them tight enough. Velcro would have been grade instead of that stupid buckle that comes undone half the time.

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back