Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Compounds for Grandkids

Steiny77

I've got 6 & 8 year old grandkids that have really enjoyed shooting the cheapo little bows I've gotten them but it's time to get them some decent equipment.
I want to get them set up with compounds, sights, releases, etc. just like us big kids.

Understand there are some manufacturers that make some compounds with a very wide range of draw lengths and weights that can be easily adjusted as they grow and eventually adjusted to hunting legal draw weights.

Any recommendations?

I started my kids with mathew's genesis bows. Not junk and affordable. I liked the fact that it didn't have a draw stop so the bow was able to keep up with their growth. I put a wisker bisquit on so the arrow would stay in place, put a decent sight and bought them a release. Best of all is that bow kids enjoyed shooting them. I ended up donating them to the local cubscouts for their archery program once they outgrew them.

My daughter has had her mission menace for 6 years now and it's still slinging arrows beautifully. Otherwise I'd go with a diamond edge.

I've got 6 & 8 year old grandkids that have really enjoyed shooting the cheapo little bows I've gotten them but it's time to get them some decent equipment.
I want to get them set up with compounds, sights, releases, etc. just like us big kids.

Understand there are some manufacturers that make some compounds with a very wide range of draw lengths and weights that can be easily adjusted as they grow and eventually adjusted to hunting legal draw weights.

Any recommendations?
Some of us other big kids like playing traditional.

Mission Menace (or Craze or whatever they call it today) is a great bow for growing and increasing draw weight. Son used his for a few years before he graduated to a Hoyt Alpha Max 32 with 50lb limbs.

Our other kids loved the Hoyt Ruckus. We had two of them at one point, but our younger son outgrew it and can shoot a big bow now. 24 year old daughter still shoots her Ruckus. Best part about them is that they are real bows. They look the part and can be a great tool to teach your kiddos how to shoot correctly. Have fun with the process.

After some research, the above suggestions, and looking at a few, I've kind of decided on Bear Cruzers.
Thanks

PEAX Trekking Poles

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
1st BDX Scope
Back