Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Colorado Unit 67 Mule Deer - 4th Season

Ha, I am fortunate my Dad started putting me in as soon as possible, so I wasn't actually able to go on a hunt most of that time.. Also, we generally don't hunt mule deer, more of elk meat hunters to fill the freezer, so wasn't too hard to hold on to them.

How did the hunt go? I'm looking at 67 4th season or 66 3rd for fall 2020. I've got 22 points and ready to burn them.

Pretty rough, it was 60 degrees every day and they weren't rutting yet. Didn't really see anything large taken and heard not much different in 66. I think they moved the season back a week this year so that should help. Did see a lot of mule deer, just nothing too large. If you end up going to 67 I can give some areas to look at, but from what I heard it was a fairly abnormal year this year

Pretty rough, it was 60 degrees every day and they weren't rutting yet. Didn't really see anything large taken and heard not much different in 66. I think they moved the season back a week this year so that should help. Did see a lot of mule deer, just nothing too large. If you end up going to 67 I can give some areas to look at, but from what I heard it was a fairly abnormal year this year
Man that's tough to burn those points and then the weather sucks. Sorry to hear man. The did push back the season this year, 4th rifle will be 11/18-22.

There should be a lot of older bucks that made it thru. Of the deer we saw taken there wasn't anything near what Nimrod got. I saw prob 40 2.5-3.5 year old bucks and was there four days before season opened. They all just needed a couple years, but the big ones are there they just weren't moving due to weather when we were there. That is hunting, it is what it is. It wasn't anything like the two years prior as I had friends out there. I basically hunted same area as Nimrod, if you end up going I did find a couple of hidden fields most people don't get to, as most are just driving around as deer are everywhere and don't run away if you drive by them, but if it is a normal year you wouldn't have to do too much as they are everywhere

How would that affect hunting them?

Basically, they get hot so they bed down a lot during the daylight when they should be up looking for does. Makes them substantially harder to find. In migratory herds, it keeps the bucks at higher elevations longer, which also can make them harder to find and get to.

I hunt the muzzleloader season in mid-Sept. It's very hot and the bucks are up high. I'm not looking for an easier hunt like hunting the rut. I just want cooler weather.

Of course, it will never happen. It's a dream of mine. I'm not sure why that bothers you?

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mfrosty6
Back