MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Colorado....unit 007 2nd rifle

Very helpful advise! Thank you very much. I just started watching E-scouting, very informative. You guys on this form are great!
James, how did you do. I am headed there for the first time in 36 days. I appreciate any insight.

James, how did you do. I am headed there for the first time in 36 days. I appreciate any insight.
Crowds crowds and more crowds. Bad visibility. There’s a reason there’s leftovers here every year. I can’t speak to bow season though

Thanks guys, it would be nice to get some first hand knowledge so I am not going in blind. I am OK going in with what I got thou.

I hunted second rifle there back in 2016. Lots of ground to cover. Was unseasonably warm that year and nothing had pushed down from the dark timber. I could have shot 20 cows that walked past me 5 yards away. I only had the bull tag though. Pretty unit.

I hunted second rifle there back in 2016. Lots of ground to cover. Was unseasonably warm that year and nothing had pushed down from the dark timber. I could have shot 20 cows that walked past me 5 yards away. I only had the bull tag though. Pretty unit.
Jake, would you be willing to share some intel? Even if it is 6 years old it is better than nothing. Not going to ask for your honey hole just looking for general info. Feel free to email me at [email protected]

Never been in 7 but have hiked in 6 right next door. Very beautiful area. 7 Looks like it is mostly the Rawah Wilderness so the ATV is a no go for most of the unit. If you go north of the wilderness you should be fine. If you are going solo I would recommend finding a good spot for a basecamp with options to get to different trailheads in the wilderness area. If you are an accomplished backpacker and know what its like to be in high country and are prepared, you can always backpack and carry camp with you as well.

Ultimately I think you'll enjoy just being out here. Get OnX and look at the CPW website and you will find more information than what you can deal with. Good luck and please report back.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ElknTrout
Back