Colorado snowmobile trail during archery elk season?

Bjcoyne

I'm planning an OTC archery elk hunt in southern Colorado, 3rd week of September. Does anyone know if some of these designated snowmobile trails are open to pick up trucks or ATVs in the fall? Theres a few spots I'd like to get back into but the only access is via a road that's designated snowmobile trail, according to the National Forest website. Thanks for the help!

Check out Colorado’s website and go to the hunting atlas. Turn on the MVUM. This will show all open roads and trails and what is allowed on them. It’s a great resource.

I'm planning an OTC archery elk hunt in southern Colorado, 3rd week of September. Does anyone know if some of these designated snowmobile trails are open to pick up trucks or ATVs in the fall? Theres a few spots I'd like to get back into but the only access is via a road that's designated snowmobile trail, according to the National Forest website. Thanks for the help!

If it’s a designated snowmobile trail then it’s highly unlikely it’s open to wheeled vehicles.

In addition to the comments about the MVUM...

Snowmobile trails aren't like roads. They generally still have plenty of vegetation, rock, logs etc in them. It doesn't affect the snowmobiles because they are covered in snow in the winter.

In addition to the comments about the MVUM...

Snowmobile trails aren't like roads. They generally still have plenty of vegetation, rock, logs etc in them. It doesn't affect the snowmobiles because they are covered in snow in the winter.

Great point...

This is in the middle of one such trail.

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tvrguy
Back